2020-21 Registration Packets (TK - 8th Grade)
2020-21 Registration Packets (High School)
Students in grades 9-12 will be registered at Lincoln High School, 6844 Alexandria Place. For questions regarding high school enrollment, contact Registrar Raquel Jose at (209) 953-8915. Click here for the Lincoln High School registration page.
When will new student registration for the 2020-21 school year begin?
March 2nd - 20th, 2020, has been designated as the New Student/Kindergarten Registration period for students in grades TK-8. Although we will continue to take registrations after this period, students registered during this time will receive priority in placement. Lincoln High School will begin new student registration at a later date.
Where do I go to register my child for school?
- Click here for preschool registration.
- For students in Transitional Kindergarten through 8th Grade, you may register at any K-6/8 site, or at the LUSD Education Center, 2010 W. Swain Rd., (209) 953-8711.
- For students in high school, you may register at Lincoln High School, 6844 Alexandria Place.
What are the procedures for registering my child?
Do I have to show proof of a Tdap booster before I can enroll my child?
On September 29, 2010, a new state law was passed (AB 354) that changed California immunization requirements for students entering grades 7-12.All students entering grades 7 must have proof of a Tdap booster shot.The law requires that as of July 1, 2011, schools are to turn away any student who is not up-to-date. Therefore, the District will require all new middle school students to show proof of this booster when registering for school.
Am I guaranteed placement for my child in our neighborhood school, and can I request another school within the District?
The District's goal is to keep families together at the school of their choice whenever possible, and honor the concept of neighborhood schools. However, we cannot guarantee that your child will attend your first choice school. Overcrowding at the neighborhood or choice school may require placement at another Lincoln USD school. The District will provide transportation from the school of residence for students on overflow status. Choices may be limited for placement of students receiving special services based on the location and availability of the classes.
Do I live in the boundaries of the Lincoln Unified School District?
All addresses within Lincoln Unified School District are listed in the Attendance Area Directory. Please contact the LUSD Education Center, Registration Office, (209) 953-8711 if you have any questions.
Kindergarten and the Kindergarten Readiness Act
California's youngest students have been given a better opportunity to be successful beginning on their first day of school. The Kindergarten Readiness Act (Assembly Bill 1381) establishes new age requirements for kindergarten students. This law requires students to be older than in previous years to attend kindergarten, and provides an additional year of kindergarten (called "transitional kindergarten") for some of our youngest students.
- For the 2020-21 school year, students must be born on or before September 1, 2015.
- A child who will have reached the age of five years on or before September 1st of the current school year shall be eligible for enrollment in kindergarten.(Education Code 48000) (Assembly Bill 1381)
- A child who will reach the age of five years between September 2 and December 2 of the 2020-21 school year shall be eligible for enrollment in transitional kindergarten. (Assembly Bill 1381) Parents should follow the same registration procedures outlined for kindergarten entry.
State law and Board Policy require that each newly registering transitional kindergarten, kindergarten and first-grade student submit a Physical Examination for School Entry form completed by a physician. This exam should be conducted no earlier than February 6th, 2020. Health Exam (.pdf below)
Additionally, state law requires that all transitional kindergarten, kindergarten and first grade students have an Oral Health Assessment completed by a dental health professional. Oral Exam (.pdf below)